Be prepared for a summer like no other!
If this is your first time away from home, you may feel a little overwhelmed at the thought of heading off to camp. The Prepare for Camp and Camp Life section will help make sure that you have everything you need and that you know what to expect, so you can get excited for the adventure ahead.
Time to Prepare
There are a few things that you can do to get ready for camp life.
- Give your family and friends your address and ask them to send letters. For some people, it can be hard to imagine life without a computer or a cell phone, but don’t worry! Life at camp is full of fun things to do and interesting people to meet, so it is pretty easy to do without internet or phone service. Receiving mail at camp is fun and a great way to stay in touch with people from home.
- Think about the things that you will like about camp. Are there new activities that you want to try? Focus on what you are looking forward to about camp.
- Express any concerns that you have to your parents or to the Camp Spaulding staff. If you are concerned about a certain aspect of camp, express those concerns and get your questions answered.
- Print out and take with you some pictures of your family, friends, pets, or favorite things. This way you can share stories with your new friends and personalize your bunk.
- Give yourself time to pack so you don’t feel rushed.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org